Monday, March 5, 2012

{The LunchBox Life : Fruit Sticks}






My fridge was filling up with fruit - mostly left over from a big fruit salad creation I had for hubby's party on the weekend! So, before it started growing fuzzy bits and resembling a science experiment, I got chopping!
I made about 50 or more (lost count) of these fruit sticks with paddle pop sticks. I popped some in the fridge for today and the rest in the freezer.





There are 5 main reasons why these are such a great idea in our house:
1. I get cheap fruit and Snap freeze it. This way I can still have berries and other summer fruit available as seasons change.
2. These can be popped into lunch boxes straight from freezer and will defrost slowly and help keep lunchboxes cool.
3. Eat straight from freezer for a healthy hot day treat.
4. The normal bamboo skewers are not good for school for obvious pointy reasons, so paddle pop sticks are safer for little ones.
5. We often eat breakky in car on the way to church (long story) and these would be great to put from freezer to fridge saturday night for a healthy addition to s breakky on the go.
These look adorable, and I'd your kids needed 'extra nudge' to eat healthy I reckon it would help, who doesn't live food on a stick?!
You may even find yourself eating these too ;)

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails