I'm feeling it too. I feel bloated and just that heavy feeling. I need to kick my butt into gear.
It's time to get back on the wagon of eating clean, cutting out refined sugar and feeling myself again. I fell off the wagon hard this month...in fact I don't even know where the wagon is!
Whilst grocery shopping on the weekend, I picked up a bargain bulk buy of strawberries.
Then we had a beautiful cool change come through with some rain and I love being in the kitchen in that type of weather.
I felt inspired to create some sugar free chia jam that I pinned ages ago.
3 cups berries (fresh or frozen)
3 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup or rice malt syrup
3 tablespoon water
5 tablespoon chia seeds
(I added a split vanilla bean, cinnamon quill and some lavender flowers)
1. Place berries, water, syrup and chia seeds in a blender/ processor.
2. Once it's blended, place in a saucepan on a medium heat until mixture bubbles.
Reduce the heat to low and stir for a few minutes until thickened.
3. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for a week.
Ideas for use (some suggestions may defeat the purpose of a healthy sugar free diet - hehe):
1. Serve on freshly baked scones with whipped cream.
2. Spread on warm buttery toast.
3. Use it to turn a vanilla biscuit recipe into jam drops.
4. Make healthy pancakes (1banana and 1 egg) and top with 'jam' and Greek yoghurt.