Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Dessert Plate - Lemon/ Lime Tartlets with Red Wine Jelly with Raspberries
Recently I posted about a homemade pizza bar I used for a dinner party with 2 friends of ours. Well to follow that dinner, we reclined and then I served up a dessert plate which had a lemon and lime tartlet and a red wine jelly with berries. It was a lovely balance of flavours. Here are the recipes for the different componants.
Recipe for the Red Wine Jelly from taste.com.au
* I used a red wine I had in the house and not the specific one in the recipe.
* I used raspberries instead of blueberries.
Recipe for the Lemon / Lime tartlets (thanks to Donnay Hay - Modern Classics 2)
2 cups plain flour
3 tbls caster sugar
150g cold butter, chopped
2-3 tbls iced water
1. Process flour, sugar and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. While the motor is running add the water so it forms a smooth dough and process till just combined.
3. Knead lightly and wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
4. Roll out between baking paper or on lightly floured bench untill about 2-3mm thick.
5. Line the tart tins and gently prink base with fork and pop into freezer for 15 mins.
6. Blind bake for 10 mins on 180'C (with rice/ weights) and then without for a further 10 mins.
3/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 single pouring cream
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Reduce oven to 140'C.
2. Place lemon & sugar in heat proof bowl over saucepan of simmering water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add cream and eggs and stir continuously for 5 mins.
4. Pass filling through strainer (VERY important).
5. Bake the tart for 20-25 mins or until the filling is just set. Cool completely and serve.