A discussion with a friend the other night had us thinking about lunch boxes. As both of us have an "L-Plates" on with this, it was nice to share ideas and as with everthing, I love learning from others.
I thought I would share the fillings that so far have been winners here. The way that the lunchbox is set out has 3 little sections in the lid and a bigger section underneath. So, I usually put 3 (small portions) of the morning tea choices in the top lid, 1 for after lunch, and a lunchtime choice with his water bottle.
Morning Tea Options so far:
- Air popped corn
- Berries (when in season)
- Carrot and celery sticks (often with a little pot of homemade hommous)
- Cheese and crackers
- Melons cut into pieces
- Mandarins (I peel and segment to make it easier)
- Mini homemade muffins
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fruit puree
- Sometimes homemade biscuits or slices that are somewhat healthy like these
Lunch Ideas So Far:
- Wraps (avocado spread with cheese, turkey and baby spinach)
- Sandwhiches (cheese sandwhiches have always been a plus. I don't use tomato as it goes soggy)
- Cold Pizza (wholemeal english muffin with tomato puree, slice of turkey, basil, couple of pineapple slices and a cheese slice/ grated cheese. Grill and cut into quarters)
- Healthy pasta salad in container
- Little thermos with chicken nuggets (heat it up with hot water and then dry. place warm chicken nuggets inside to keep warm. Help them practise using at home first).
When I asked what his favourite thing in his lunchbox and he said "when you write me letters mum" (awwwww). I would love to hear what you use and what are your favourites, comment below or even on facebook).