Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I feel like Chicken Tonight



Chicken Pie

Tonight for dinner I decided to try to use a jar of honey mustard simmer sauce I had in the pantry. I wasn't convinced but wasn't convinced it would make a tasty stir fry. So, I went on a mission to make a cheap and tasty meal, and SUCCESS!!!!

Ingredients: (this filled one quiche dish)
3 sheets of puff pastry
1 chicken breast, diced
1 onion
1 zuchini
1 carrot
1 stick celery
3 cloves garlic
dash olive oil
fresh thyme
1 jar of honey mustard sauce
2 tsp dijon mustard (or whatever kind you have)
salt
pepper


Steps:
((Preheat oven to 200'}}

1. Chop up the onion, garlic, and saute with some oil.
2. Chop up the celery, zuchini, carrot and put it into the pan with the onion and garlic.
3. Add some of the fresh thyme.
4. Add chicken and fry through until golden.
5. Pour in the sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper and turn down to low heat.
6. Grease dish with spray oil and line the base and sides of dish with 2 of the sheets of puff pastry. Prick base with a fork and then place in oven to prebake the base untill cooked.
7. Then scoop filling from frying pan into the pastry case.
8. Place 3rd sheet of pastry over top and poke a whole or two in center to let steam out.
9. Turn oven down to 180' and bake untill pastry lid is golden.

I love this and the family did too. It cost so little and I had the items already at home, I love those kind of meals.

Enjoy
Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails