Well, Spring is here! I have already seen some of the blooms around Sydney streets. It wont be long till we all start sunning our selves and being social again as the daylight stays around for longer. This time of year is great, kitchen teas, baby showers and lunches with family and friends keep our BBQ's and Aussie decks very busy.
Have you ever been invited somewhere for a morning tea or something where it's 'bring-a-plate' and you aren't sure what to bring?
This is the simplest thing to make and it looks VERY impressive.
Smoked Salmon Bites
1. Make up a basic pikelet batter and I usually omit the sugar from recipe and add a pinch of salt. You can get fancy and make buckwheat pikelets, or add garlic to the mixture etc... I just keep it simple.
2. Once you have cooked the batch of pikelets, let them cool and then spread with cream cheese.
3. Find a small round cookie cutter to make the shapes bite-sized and uniform in shape.
4. Top with a ribbon of smoked salmon, sprig of dill, lemon zest and salt&pepper.
5. VOILA!!! So simple and easy to create that WOW factor for your next BBQ or afternoon tea.