Wednesday, September 19, 2012

{All in One Breakfast Bake}

This is the kind of cooking I like. Its a no recipe, tailor to your own taste, use what you have kinda meal.
I actually made this one night for what we call "BRINNER". Breakfast for dinner. It was a crazy day and I wasn't going to the shops with crazy children after school and issued myself a sort of 'mystery box' challenge!

I can see so many adaptations of this idea. I can imagine family all digging in to this for a late Boxing Day morning together while using some f the left overs from Christmas Day. 

I'll show you how I did this and then show you how you could change it to your tastes. 
Step 1: I took an oven proof dish and put some baby spinach and some left over passatta sauce on top.
Step 2: I fried up some bacon and chipolata sausages I had in the fridge.
Step 3: Chopped up some onion, garlic and a leek. Lay it on top of the spinach. Place the sausages and bacon on top of that. 
Step 4: Crack a few eggs (I allowed 2 eggs per adult and 1 per child) on top and bake on 180'C for about 10 minutes. You want to wait for the translucence of the egg whites turn solid white. 
Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve with warm crusty toast. 

Other Ideas: 
- No passata sauce? Blend a tin of tomatoes or use some pasta sauce.
- Want some spice? Add some chili sauce to the tomato puree.
- Vegetarian? Add some sauteed mushrooms, egg plant and maybe even some white beans.
- Want a different flavor? Use Chroizo sausage instead.
- Making this with Christmas left overs? Make this recipe to use up some of the Christmas ham. Or use left over turkey and use left over cranberry sauce and left over brie from the cheese platter you had too.

Options are endless!!!

I'd love to hear from you if you try this idea. Comment below or give me a shout out on the facebook page or on twitter {@homemade_lauren}. 

Lauren x

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails