Tuesday, May 8, 2012

{Soup Day Monday : French Onion}

Well, this has been the third "soup day Monday" and I have to say I am loving the challenge to think of cheap, healthy ideas. There are tonnes of ideas that I am sure could take me right through to Spring. 


This week I was inspired my Karen Martini om Better Homes and Gardens last friday night. 
The ingredients are so simple. And it was delicious. 

6 onions (3 brown / 3 red)
4 sticks of celery
Fresh Thyme 
Garlic 
2L chicken stock
Salt and Pepper
Grilled Gruyere cheese and baguettes to serve.

The recipe can be found in video format [click here]. 




If the weather is cooling down where you are, how do you stay warm?

A winter tip for kids : When going to swimming lessons in the winter, wrap their towel in a hot water bottle. It will keep their clothes and towel 'toasty warm' for when they get out!

Lauren x



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails