Monday, October 24, 2011

{No Bake Healthy Sweet Treats}

I found this website last night and went into my sort of "chefs coma".
What's that you ask?!
It's when you completely zone out and that mostly happens with a good cookbook, a foodie magazine or a blog etc.... These 'episodes' (lol) are characterized by lots of flipping, making mental notes, making bookmarks of recipes to try, gushing over the spectacular photography and planning future events just so you can use that recipe!

This blog is called "The Blender Girl" and you should read her story - it's fascinating.
I love her food philosophy and think society could get a long way by incorporating some of these types of recipes into our diet. No processed foods, no bad fats but lots of good food as nature intended it.

So I just made my first "blender girl" recipe. I started with her 'raw vegan chocolate fruit balls'





I didn't have all the exact ingredients and added some extras - so here is my take on Tess' recipe.



Ingredients (made about 16 balls)
1 cup mixed raw nuts (I used 1cup of cashews)
1/2 cup pitted chopped dates
1/2 cup dried chopped apricots
1/2 cup raisins
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp fresh orange juice (I only had apple on hand)
a couple of drops – 1/8 tsp of natural almond essence (I used vanilla)
I added 2 tbl LSA and a small squirt of honey

1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup desiccated coconut

Method
Mix the coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside for rolling.
Put all other ingredients in a food processor, and slowly add in the orange juice if it doesn’t bind together completely.
Roll into small balls and coat with the coconut mixture.
Store in a sealed glass container in the fridge.



I have to say these are delicious and I was thrilled with the result. Took a minute to prepare and it's great having them in the fridge to satisfy the sweet tooth.

Enjoy;


Lauren X




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Thankyou for that lovely story Lauren!
    I LOVE your tweaks to the recipe and will make your blend this week! YUMMO! Great to meet a fellow Aussie cook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you didn't mind me playing with your recipe ;) I have lots more on my radar to try....really want to try and locate coconut oil and butter though. Any ideas???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails