Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{Honey and Macadamia Frozen Cheesecake}

I had some friends over last night and knew I had a busy day beforehand. So, I planned a few things that allowed me to not be in the kitchen all day and still have a dessert 'buffet'.

Sunday evening I made this cheesecake and took it out of the freezer 1/2 hour before serving.

1. Do a normal biscuit base as per regular cheesecake (I use 3/4 packet of digestive biscuits and about 100g of melted butter pressed into a spring form tin).

2. In a food processor add 500g cream cheese, 300ml cream, 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts.

3. Blitz up this mixture, pour onto the biscuit base.
4. Squeeze some extra honey on the top and swirl it in. Freeze overnight.

5. Half an hour before serving take it out and place it on a platter. Top with fresh strawberries and drizzle some honey on top.


This is so easy and tasted delicious! You could easily freeze it and have it on hand over the happy summer season if you, like us, often have spontaneous dinners or BBQ's happen and you don't have to lift a finger!


Enjoy;
Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails