So I told you I was working on something sweet - hold on to your hats folks. I love to eat very healthy, but an indulgence here and there is forgivable especially when it's this silky chocolate tart! My latest indulgence is delicious chocolate shortcrust pastry. I made a chocolate tart for dessert with it and served it with a chocolate sauce slick sprinkled with crushed almonds and cashews! YUMMO!!! There are two Australian brands that sell it - The Pastry Pantry and also Careme Pastry (who also do a sour cream and vanilla bean pastry I am dying to try too).
So here's the recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 185'C.
2. Grease your tart shell with spray or butter and dust with cocoa (shaking out the excess).
3. Blind bake using rice or weights on 180'C for 10-12 mins.
4. Carefully Remove weights/ rice and bake for a further 10 mins untill it's baked to the touch.
5. Remove tart shell and cool before adding the filling.
- 225g good quality dark chocolate
- 75 mls cream
- 90 gms butter chopped
- 3 eggs
- 75 gms castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
2.Remove bowl and set aside
3. Using an electric mixer mix eggs, sugar and golden syrup untill pale and creamy and fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
4. Pour filling into cooled tart shell and bake at 150'C for 30-35 mins or until just set.
5. Cool tart before serving.
6. You can keep in fridge for up to 4 days in airtight container (if it lasts that long).