Thursday, February 14, 2013

{Mini Desserts & Hot Choc Bar}


I don't have great photos, but I did some catering for a women's event last night. The brief was desserts, your choice! My creative brain went into overload!
Here's what I came up with. Firstly a Hot chocolate Bar:




I filled jars with
- hot chocolate powder
- marshmallows
- white, milk and dark choc chips
- crushed butterscotch and peppermints
(not pictured) I also included a can of whipped cream and vanilla malt syrup.
Logistics: as this was for a crowd, I had to think about heating milk safely and easily. I heated the milk behind the dessert table in my slow cookers on the warm setting so it was gentle. Then at serving time I decanted it into a jug on the table.
Linking the hot chocolate to the desserts, I filled a giant glass jar with choc chip cookies.
The dessert table had 4 'dishes'
1. A Chocolate Mud cake with buttercream ruffle icing. SO cute!





2. Individual Homemade Lemon Curd Pavlovas
3. Individual Vanilla Blueberry Cheesecakes
4. Raspberry Jelly & Choc Mousse Cups
I might post the recipes for some of these soon, so stay tuned!

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails