Friday, February 22, 2013

{Food Diaries : Beef Bolognese with Quinoa Pasta & Eggplant 'Garlic Bread'}

So, as per a previous post, some of you will know I am now on a limited 'anti-candida' diet for a long term digestive issue. If you know me personally or have been reading this blog for any length of time you'll know I love to be in the kitchen baking, cooking and usually to share around.

The last week or so has been very interesting as I am getting used to eating restricted food. No yeast, no gluten, no white rice, no caffeine, no cows milk or soy dairy, no corn, pumpkin, potato or sweet potato, no sugar (even natural substitutes like honey and fruit...yes NO FRUIT!).
I am actually feeling great because of it. I've started toning up, skins clearing up and I feel 'cleaner' if you know what I mean.

It has been making me very creative for sure, and whilst I'm still on a massive learning curve,
here are some of the staple ingredients I am living on:
- water
- herbal teas (peppermint, rooibos, chamomile)
- meat & fish (no smoked or deli meats ie smoked salmon / ham)
- green veggies (esp broccoli, spinach, asparagus)
- garlic & onions
- herbs and spices especially cinnamon (these are unrestricted!!!)
- eggs (shout out to my 6 Isa browns here - thanks girls)
- natural yoghurt with live cultures

Here are some of my recent attempts at playing with my new 'pantry'.
Idea Number One:



Beef Bolognese with Quinoa Pasta and Eggplant 'Garlic Bread'

1. Simply stir fry onion, garlic and fresh tomatoes with some olive oil and S&P.
2. Once softened, cook meat in the chunky 'sauce' and stir through some pure tomato paste. 3. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and basil from the garden.
4. Serve on quinoa pasta. This is easily found in health food isle of supermarkets.
5. Optional Extra : Cut some thin egg plant slices and fry until crispy with fresh and finely chopped garlic and Olive Oil. YUM!


Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails