Wednesday, December 5, 2012

{Extra Special Twinkle Lights}

So, December is in full swing and I hope your enjoying adding touches of festivity to your house. I have been a bit busy over here working on a special project that I can reveal soon, but can share a simple craft that added something special to our staircase this Christmas. 

Materials:
- 1 length of Christmas lights. 
- 3m of stiff tulle in your choice of colours (I chose red and white). I got mine for about $2 per meter.
- Craft scissors. 

Method:
1. Cut up the tulle into strips a few cm wide (about the width of three fingers)
2. Cut each long strip into lengths about the size of your hand from tip to wrist

3. Then tie the strips around the wire between the lights, alternating colours. I found that the length between lights on mine varied. Sometimes I fit three and others I fit 4 bits of tulle between lights. 


 This is not a hard task, but a time consuming one. It is great to do whilst you are watching a Christmas movie with the family, we all watched Polar Express together.

I love the soft look it adds to the lights especially at night. You could even do this in a different colour scheme for a decoration to a little girls bedroom and it would look just darling! 


 Lauren X

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails