Thursday, September 22, 2011

{Spring Clean Time}

Well, It has been a while since my last post. I have been knocked about with a sickness for the last two weeks and have had to had to have some tests done and a few visits to hospital. I am okay, but am SO grateful for my freezer meals I had created earlier (they have saved me on more than one occasion).

Amidst the sickness, I have been starting some serious spring cleaning. As we moved into our new house last December (and did the usual skip bin before the move) the spring clean is obviously going to be different to that of a house a few years old.



Have done

* The boys clothes (clear out sizes that are too small)
* Organise Medicine cabinet (chuck expired ones out and re-organise into 4 tubs a.kids medicines b. adult medicines c. bandages, dressings and medicine cups and d. sun care and repellant)
* Clean the windows of the house
* Clean out dvd's and video game discs into a disc organiser bag (all in one place and easy to take into the car for our car dvd player)
* Organise the clutter in the laundry and clean appliances.


I cleaned my washine machine by putting 2 cups of white vinegar into the machine. Put it on a hot wash with a soak setting. I did this overnight so it was cheaper. Voila!



There are other things on my list and I want to do them in the next week or two. I just choose one or two a day and get stuck into it.

To Do

* Clean out plastics cupboard and re-organise
* Go through mine and hubby's wardrobe.
* Go through toys and clear out/ donate any old/ unused toys


I would love to hear if you are a spring cleaner or not and how you do it and any tips you want to share.

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails