The best brownie recipe in my opinion is below. Compiled from a few different recipes and based on an old recipe card I found here is the base recipe:
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) self-raising flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a square cake pan with baking paper.
Put the dark chocolate and butter in a saucepan on low. Keep stirring for a few minutes until chocolate and butter are melted and silky. Remove from heat and set aside for 2-5 minutes to cool.
Add the sugar and eggs to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
Add the combined flours and cocoa powder and stir to combine.
Add the sour cream and stir to combine. Pour mixture into your dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until brownie is still slightly spongey and gooey. Turn oven off and leave brownie cooling in oven.
1. 100g of chopped dark choc or choc chips and 50-70g walnuts (depending on your taste).
2. 200g of crunchy peanut butter.
3. 70g macadamias chopped and 1 cup of white choc chopped or chips.
4. A few Tbls of Baileys (depending on taste).
If you try this with one of the extra's (I have only tried number 1 and number 4 so far), I would love to hear from you. These would even make a great homemade gift for someone, just add christmas wrapping touches for preschool/ school teachers or coaches etc....