This recipe was requested to be blogged, so here it is. It is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee and a chat with a friend :)
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed banana (you will need 2 large, very ripe bananas)
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease base and sides of a cake tin.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Gently fold in sour cream and bananas. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda over batter and gently fold through.
Spoon batter into cake pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. I cooled mine overnight in the tin and popped it out the next morning. It came out perfectly :)