Friday, April 16, 2010

Basil Pesto and White Wine Gnocchi


So I often cook (not bake though) without a recipe and just see how I like the flavour as I go. You will notice that I will use measurements like drizzle, splash, handful. This is mainly because I didn't write down the recipe, but also allows you to adjust to your own taste.
Tonight I made this gnocchi (varying a friends recipe) for dinner and just loved it! Would serve 2 for a rich dinner or 4 as a side.

1. Boil up 500g packet of gnocchi in a saucepan.
2. Whilst boiling, finely cut up 1 green capsicum (could use red, but I had green and they are cheaper too).
3. Then peel some pumpkin (I used about 2 handfuls) and discard skin. Keep peeling the pumpkin till you get a handful or 2 of the slithered pumpkin.
4. Drizzle a little oil in a frying pan/ wok (I used chilli oil for a little kick) and when hot cook the pumpkin and capsicum till tender.
5. Place a heaped dessert spoon of basil pesto in the frying pan.
6. Then add a splash of white wine and cook it out for a minute.
7. When Gnocchi floats to the top, scoop into the frying pan mixture.
8. Before serving, add a drizzle of cream or evaporated milk (if you want to be good).
9. Serve with a grinding of pepper and fresh basil leaves (i also grated a little peccorino cheese).

YUMMM!!!!!! ENJOY xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails